Huxley, Texas 75973
1,025 Sq ft,
Located on the north end of Toledo Bend Reservoir on the Texas side, the Chalet is 5 miles north of Huxley Bay Marina, TX, 18 miles south of Logansport, LA, 22 miles east of Center, TX. It is about 1 hour from Pendleton Bridge, 1 ½ hours from Shreveport, LA, 3 ½ hours from Dallas, Houston, and Beaumont TX, 3 ½ hours from Lake Charles and Lafayette, LA, and 5 ½ hours from Baton Rouge, LA and Austin, TX.
The Chalet is stocked with most of your basic staples and supplies so all you have to bring is the food you want to cook. We furnish all the amenities listed below and every cooking utensil you should need. There is a nice family restaurant at Huxley Bay Marina that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner and 2 convenience stores/diners with 24-hour gasoline and diesel pumps, only 4 to 5 miles away. For your convenience we have provided a notebook with information for local dining and attractions, including phone numbers, addresses, directions, and menus.
We do allow certain types of pets, but permission must be granted in advance. If your pet is approved, there is a $40 per night pet fee and we will provide you with our complete pet policy. We do have a covered and fenced in area outside for your pet.
This 2 bedroom, 1 bath, 1025 square foot cedar chalet accommodates up to 6 people comfortably and has most of the conveniences in your own home including:
· Central air/heat
· High-speed wireless Internet access
· Satellite TV/DVD
· Large fully equipped kitchen (with dishwasher, microwave, coffeemaker, Fry-Daddy)
· Washer and dryer, detergent
· Charcoal grill
· Spacious, fully equipped kitchen with refrigerator/freezer (no icemaker, ice trays only), natural gas stove/oven, microwave, coffeemaker, Fry Daddy,
· Queen-size bed in master bedroom
· Queen-size bed and set of bunk beds in second bedroom
· One full bath with tub/shower combination, dressing area with lavatory separated
· Table for 6 in dining/living area
· Bar with 3 stools
· Table for 4 on covered deck
· Bedding and pillows
· Kitchen and bath towels
· Some basic staples (seasonings, sweeteners, etc.)
· Toilet paper
· Kitchen, bath and laundry soap
· Information notebook (numbers/directions to local services and attractions)
· Fish off the pier, or full guide services available! (Visit toledobendguide.com on our website for guide service information.) Our pier is a private pier available to our guests staying at our Cottages. Note: At low water conditions you might not be able to launch your boat at our ramp or fish off the pier, however, Huxley Bay Marina, just up the road, has a deep-water ramp and floating covered boat slips in a protective bay with locked gates.
POLICY AND PROCEDURES FOR
The Cottage & Chalet
Arrival and Departure Times:
The Chalet rents for $170 per night for one to three people and $20 for each additional person per day up to 6 total. For special gatherings, see Rental Policy and Procedures/Visitors below for fee. A fifty percent deposit is required to guarantee your reservation payable by Visa, Mastercard, Discover or American Express. Balance is to be paid in full upon arrival by cash, money order or can be applied to your credit card. If using debit card, full amount is billed when reservation is made.
Our policy is intended to be fair to our guests and yet prevent the loss of income to our business. Since we depend heavily upon advanced bookings due to our remote location, and refuse all other requests, cancellations must be made thirty days in advance for a refund of your deposit (less ten percent). Cancellations within 30 days will require full payment for the days reserved. Refunds will be given proportionately or in full (less ten percent) if we are able to fill the reservations.